As we get older, the skin loses its elasticity. The skin around our eyes sags as time passes. At the early stage of the aging process, the double folds become smaller.
When people notice sagging skin on the upper eyelid, they often presume that the cause is only skin sagging on the eyes. However, upper eyelid sagging can sometimes also be caused by sagging of the forehead or eyebrow. Therefore, it is important to accurately determine the cause of sagging upper eyelids and correct the issue.
For example, when the eyes seem aged due to a droopy forehead and eyebrows, if upper blepharoplasty is performed, the distance between the eyes and the eyebrows is shortened, giving a patient a frustrated or stern expression.
However, when this gets worse, the angle of the eyelashes turns downward, which can poke the eyeball, causing excess tears. Also, sagging skin on the upper eyelid can badly obstruct the field of view. In such cases, by removing excess skin and pulling up the eyelids, clear sight and elasticity on the upper eyelid can be restored.
CDU's Upper Blepharoplasty
After considering the patient’s needs, the design is made.
Excess skin, fat, and muscle are removed.
The wound is closed.
Bright and natural eyes are achieved.
Upper Blepharoplasty Methods
Upper blepharoplasty without creating a double eyelid
- For eyes with double folds.
- The recovery process for this method is shorter and faster, and the expression and appearance are not changed much.
Upper blepharoplasty with creation of double folds
- This method is used when we can’t achieve a satisfactory result with skin removal alone, because there are no double folds or the height of the double folds is too low.
- For eyes with blepharoptosis
- This method is very effective for saggy eyelids, and prevents the eyelid skin from sagging in the future.
- For those who don’t want double folds, the height can be adjusted so that the folds are not seen when the patient opens their eyes.
- After skin removal, natural-looking double folds can be achieved using a non-incisional method.
What if I am not a candidate for either surgery?
When it comes to saggy eyebrows, upper blepharoplasty or a subbrow lift may not be appropriate. In this case, an endoscope forehead lift is recommended to improve skin sagging on the eyes.